Is CAD coming to a table near you?
A few days ago, Microsoft publicly announced a new product called Microsoft Surface - in very! simple terms it is a 30 inch horizontal touch-screen computer.
After the initial Wow! that is seriously cool and it looks remarkably similar to Jeff Han: Unveiling the genius of multi-touch interface design, something along the lines of the above question (blog post title) popped into my head.
Just imagine how much more fun work would be, if we could run CAD on such a device...
For those interested in reading more about Microsoft Surface, take a tour of the below links:
- Microsoft Surface
- Microsoft introduces “Surface” computing
- Ahh, the PlayTable, er Surface Computing, how it works…
- Microsoft Surface Hits The Ground Running
- More on Microsoft’s Surface Computing initiatives…
- Microsoft’s Surface Computer Has the “Wow” Factor
- Microsoft Surface: CAD data integration with personal devices?
- Microsoft Surface: Popular Mechanics Gets Video First Look
- The Future is Surfacing
Just for readers info, this blog post is written in and published by, Windows Live Writer Beta 2